The Whatsapp has become most prominent messaging service app which lets you send text messages to your friend and now voice calling feature has been also added. It is providing the best ever user interface to its users which is the prime reason of their enormous success
When Instagram was bought by Facebook for $1 billion, the media went nuts. But that was nothing compared to what Facebook bought Whatsapp for – a whooping $19 billion. This breaking news came in days after Viber was reported to have been bought by Japanese online retailer, Rakuten for a fraction of the price tag: $900 million. And to think that we were scratching our heads over Snapchat turning down Facebook’s $3 billion offer. That’s a lot of zeros.
There are many awesome tips and tricks which could be applied on your Whatsapp account to experience some hidden feature of it.
Additionally, we are going to disclose some of them for you guys. You are going to learn today about many unknown Whatsapp tips and tricks.
1. Use Whatsapp without Mobile Number
This is the trick from our side which will let you use Whatsapp without mobile number. Yes, you read it right! You can actually use this awesome application without using your mobile number. Additionally, the answer of this section is elaborated below:
- First of all, backup your existing Whatsapp data and then delete the existing Whatsapp on your phone.
- After that, download and install the latest version of Whatsapp.
- Then, Whatsapp will ask for verification, you simply need to put your phone on Flight Mode.
- Afterwards, Launch Whatsapp and enter your phone number which you’ve set on flight mode.
- Then Whatsapp will call your number, but it will not complete the verification process as your number is on flight mode then you need to go for second verification method which is by sending text message and then enter your e-mail and Click on Submit
- Now, Click on Cancel button immediately and this will end the authorization process, but you are not done yet.
- Furthermore, you need to spoof that text message and for spoofing you need to install an app. We would recommend you to install Spoof Text Message app for Android and Fake a Message for iOS.
- Now, go to Outbox and Copy the message details and send it to the spoofing app, You may use the below details:
From: (Mobile Number along with country code)
Message: your E-mail Address which you’ve used above.
- Afterwards, a message will be sent to that number and then your Whatsapp will be verified.
2. Enable Voice Calling
The most waited feature of Whatsapp which can be used for voice calling.
Now, we are going to make you learn to enable voice calling feature of Whatsapp from your side. Ones you have enabled it then you can start calling your friends using your Whatsapp account and that too for free. So, get to the steps
- First of all, Download the latest feature of Whatsapp,
- Ones you have downloaded the latest Whatsapp then install it on your phone.
- After that, the voice calling feature will be included in your account.
- Now, find any of your friends who have voice calling activated then call him/her using your account.
3. Hide “Last Seen” Timestamp
By default, WhatsApp shows a “last seen” timestamp, telling other users the last time you were on WhatsApp. Some of you may want to disable this timestamp, for privacy reasons. You can disable this timestamp on both iOS and Android.
If you’re an iOS user, you need to do is go into Settings > Chat Settings > Advanced and set Last Seen Timestamp to Off.
For Android Users:
- Ones you have reached in the menu section, tap on Settings and then tap on Account
- Now, under Account section, tap on Privacy and then tap on Last Seen.
- Afterwards, you need to check mark the option that for whom you want to enable this feature.
Every One (the last seen will be visible for all)
My Contacts (the last seen will be visible to your contacts to only)
Nobody (the last seen will not be visible to anyone)
4. Change Whatsapp Profile Picture of Your Friend
This trick works as a prank in which you can change the profile picture of your friend from your side. You can set any funny picture for your friend’s profile and then create an awesome fun with your friend. However, remember that the profile picture would be changed from your side only. To apply this trick, follow these steps:
- First, download any best File Manager for your phone. You can search for file managers into your app stores.
- Ones it is downloaded, you need to launch the Whatsapp on your phone.
- After that, head towards the Contacts and then tap on the profile picture of your friend whose profile picture you want to change.
- Afterwards, you need to search for the profile picture of your friend which you want to replace. Ones the image is found tap and hold that picture and then you’ll have some options; you need to tap on Copy option and then paste it at any secure folder on your phone.
- Furthermore, you need to download or find any image for your friend which you want to set for him/her.
- Ones you have got the image, resize it to 640X640 Pixel (a standard Whatsapp Profile Picture Size).
- Afterwards, you need to copy that image to Profile Picture Folder.
- Now, you need to hold the image for few seconds until you get some options. Ones the options appeared tap on rename and then rename the image as the Phone number of your friend whose picture you want to change.
- You’ve successfully changed the profile picture of your friend from your side. Now, go to the Whatsapp contacts again and tap on the profile picture of your friend whose picture you’ve just changed then in full screen mode the picture would be the one which you’ve set for him/her.
- Enjoy the Prank!
5. Backup and Restore Whatsapp Chat
The chat history carries a variety of information and sometimes it carries some important messages too. So, it is always suggested to backup all those important messages in order to keep them safe for long so that if you lose them then it can be restored easily. Furthermore, we are going to share a trick for that which will help you to backup and restore your Whatsapp Chat.
For Android Devices
- Firstly, Launch Whatsapp and go to
- Then tap on Chat Settings and after that tap on Backup Conversations.
For iOS Devices
- Firstly, Launch Whatsapp and go to Settings.
- Then tap on Chat Settings and after that tap on Chat Backup.
- Now, tap on Backup Now
6. Lock Your WhatsApp
Everyone, at some point or another, has probably had to deal with friends or family taking a sneak peek at their WhatsApp messages. Thankfully, if you’re using WhatsApp on Android or BlackBerry, there are apps that can help secure your WhatsApp from prying eyes.
If you’re using Android, there’s WhatsApp Lock, while BlackBerry users will want to check out Lock for WhatsApp.
Ones downloaded any of this app then you may use it for putting lock/password on your Whatsapp account.
7. Stop WhatsApp Images from Appearing In Gallery Or Camera Roll
Having WhatsApp images in your Gallery or Camera Roll can be very annoying; maybe the images are somewhat private, or you just don’t like having these images clutter up your Gallery or Camera Roll. You can fix this on both iOS and Android.
For iOS Users
- First of all, go to Settings and tap on Privacy.
- Now, you need to tap on Photos and then toggle off the Whatsapp Option
For Android Users
- First of all, install ES File Explorer on your Android Device.
- Now, go to the images or videos folder and then tap the New button from lower left.
- Then tap on File then create a file and name it as .nomedia.
8. Change Your WhatsApp Phone Number
If you’ve changed phone numbers but kept the same phone, you don’t need to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp just to change numbers. There’s a setting within WhatsApp that will let you migrate your WhatsApp account to a different phone number.
Go to Settings > Account > Change number. Enter your old phone number in the top field and then your new phone number in the bottom field. Then press Done. Verify your new phone number, and all your chat history, groups and so on will be migrated to the new number.
9. Recover Whatsapp Deleted Images and Videos
Sometimes it also happens that our most important images or videos get deleted accidently and we thought we’ve lost them. However, it is not like that there is always a solution of each tech related issue and we’ll be providing that solution each time. The below steps can be followed to recover Whatsapp deleted images and videos.
- First of all, go to the File Manager of your Phone.
- Then you’ll see a Whatsapp Folder there, you can get your all photos and videos from there.
10. Create Shortcuts For Important Contacts
Want to speed up your WhatsApp communication? How about creating a shortcut to your favorite Whatsapp contact or group straight from your homescreen?
On Android, this is as simple as long pressing on the group or contact you want to create a shortcut for. When the menu pops up, just tap on Add conversation shortcut. This will create a shortcut to the contact or group you have chosen right on your homescreen.
11. Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages
We have mentioned the procedure of backing up the chat history of Whatsapp and here we are going to make you guys learn to recover deleted Whatsapp messages of yours.
You can easily recover your all accidentally deleted messages even though you have not taken the backup of them.
Since, Whatsapp keeps on taking the backup of your chat history regularly at 4 AM.
- First of all, go to the Settings of your Android device and head towards the
- Now, you need to tap on Whatsapp and then tap on Clear Data, after that it will give you a warning message, tap on OK button to proceed.
- Afterwards, launch the Whatsapp on your phone and then it’ll ask you to configure your account as you have deleted the complete data of your Whatsapp. You first enter the mobile number of yours, as you’ve entered the mobile number you’ll be prompted with a message that, “Backup Found”.
You need to tap on Restore button and then it’ll restore the complete messages of yours.
This was our ultimate list of Whatsapp tips and tricks, we are sure that these tricks would have been proven helpful for many of the you.
If you have found this post helpful and worth reading then do share it with your other friends and circle too.