Before IE10, the internet explorer settings were able to manage using Internet Explorer Maintenance (IEM) in group policy. If your organization have IE settings published using IEM, it will not applying anymore to IE10 and IE11.
So now will see about the:
Step-by-Step Guide to Publish Proxy Settings Via Group Policy Object
1. Log in to a server with Administrator privileges.
2. Open the Group policy mmc with Server Manager > Tools > Group Policy Management
3. Create the group policy For Publishing Proxy Settings
In this case I have created GP Name as IE Proxy Settings
4. Right click on the created Group Policy, Click on Edit and Browse to User Configuration > Preferences > Control Panel Settings > Internet Settings
The Right click and select new. Here now we can see the IE 10.
There will not be settings for IE11, The same settings for IE10 is also valid for IE11 too. Click on “Internet Explorer 10” to publish the settings.
5. Now the new window will be opened will look similar ti the below one.
6. Type the IP Address and Port Number of your Proxy server or Appliances
7. The main thing you need to make sure is once publish the changes press “F6” to apply the changes.
If its works fine the Red dotted line will change to Green dotted line(Compare Above and Below Image). if you not activate it with pressing F6 the Proxy will not publish.
8. Once all the changes has been done now Click OK to submit the settings.
9. Link this GPO to any of the desired OU(Best Case: Apply this GPO to the Domain Level). Later run gpupdate /force or wait for the next policy refresh for this setting to take effect.
- Active Directory Guide: Installation of Active Directory Domain Controller, Additional Domain Controller(ADC), New Child Domain Controller, Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC)
Few Other Group Policy Guide:
Hope this Tutorials helps you guys.. Don’t Forget to Like..!! Share..!! & Comment..!!