The Blue Whale Game (Russian: Синий кит, Siniy kit) also “Blue Whale Challenge”, is an Internet “game” that is claimed to exist in several countries.
The game allegedly consists of a series of tasks assigned to players by administrators during a 50-day period, with the final challenge requiring the player to commit suicide.
The term “Blue Whale” comes from the phenomenon of beached whales, which is linked to suicide.
Blue Whale began in Russia in 2013 with “F57”, one of the names of the so-called “death group” of the VKontakte social network,and allegedly caused its first suicide in 2015.Philipp Budeikin, a former psychology student who was expelled from his university, claimed that he invented the game.
Budeikin stated that his purpose was to “clean” the society by pushing to suicide those he deemed as having no value.
In Russia in 2016, Blue Whale came into broader use among teenagers after a journalist brought attention to it through an article that linked many unrelated suicide victims to the Blue Whale, creating a wave of moral panic in Russia.
Later, Budeikin was arrested and pled guilty to “inciting at least 16 teenage girls to commit suicide”, leading to Russian suicide prevention legislation and renewed world-wide concern over the Blue Whale phenomenon.
It has also been linked to other rising self-harm trends, such as “human embroidery” in China.
Content Source: Wikipedia
Now will see about, how to prevent your Children by Installing Blue Whale Game.
Already we have setting on the mobile, where we can prevent anyone by installing Apps on your Mobile Phones without your knowledge. With the help of that now we are going to prevent anyone installing Blue Whale on your Phones.
1. Goto Play Store
2. Click on the Three Lines button on the top left corner.
3. The set of Options will be listed in that Select
4. Scroll Down until you find the Parental Controls under the User Controls Menu.
5. Click On Parental Control and Turn ON (By Default it will be in OFF)
6. Now it will prompt for Entering the PIN
7. Type the PIN (4 Digits) and Reconfirm the same.
8. The parental Control will be turned ON now.
9. Now You will find 2 options like Apps & Games and Music
10. Click on Apps & Games and Restricts based on your children’s ages.
Now you have done with everything, apart from that what else we can do.
You can talk with your children’s and explaining about the dangers of game and spend more time with them.
Watch out for signs of depression and suicidal tendencies:
- Feeling low most of the time
- Withdrawal from favorite activities
- Fear, anxiety, despair
- Addiction to social media
- Sleep disturbances
Watch for abnormal activity in children
Unusual injuries in the body could be a sign of concern as they may be involved in such games
The police advisory also asked parents to spend more time with their wards and encourage them to participate in outdoor games.
Sharing Is Always Caring.. Keep Sharing And Alert Everyone .. !!!!