The Fourth release termed as Technical Preview 4 of Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview is made available last Nov 2015 and can be downloaded at TechNet Eval Center
This post will helpful for the step by step installation of Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 in a virtual machine which I have created for an online presentation.
The created Virtual Machine has the following Specifications
VM Config: Ram: 2GB, HDD: 80GB
So what should you expect from Windows Server 2016 when it launches later this year? Click on the below link to know some of the main features so far…
Let’s start our Installation Procedures…
After starting up the VM the Windows Setup screen will appear
There we have options select your preferred Language to install, Time and currency format and Keyboard or input method then click on Next.
On the Next Page Click Install Now.
Select the Operating System to install and click Next.
Note: If you want to Nano Server, it is not included in this option, you have to access it from the Windows Server 2016 binaries.
- Windows Server® 2016 Technical Preview offers a new installation option: Nano Server. Nano Server is a remotely administered server operating system optimized for private clouds and datacenters.
- It is similar to Windows Server in Server Core mode, but significantly smaller, has no local logon capability, and only supports 64-bit applications, tools, and agents.
- It takes up far less disk space, sets up significantly faster, and requires far fewer updates and restarts than Windows Server.
- When it does restart, it restarts much faster.
- The Nano Server installation option is available for Standard and Datacenter editions of Windows Server 2016.
Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview Installation Continues..
On the next page, accept the license terms and click Next.
Select the type of installation, click on Custom: Install Windows only (advance)
Select a Drive to install Windows and click Next.
Loggin into the Server and observe the various features of Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview.
Here are the Links to complete Details about the Active Directory concepts and installations procedures.
- How to Install Active Directory on Windows Server 2008
- How To Create Additional Domain Controller (ADC) In Windows Server 2008
- Creating a New Child Domain in Windows Server 2008
- Steps for Deploying & Installing an Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC)