According to a Notification from the Department of Revenue, the Government of India has made it required for Aadhaar cardholders to interface their 12 digit unique identification number to their Bank accounts by December 31, 2017.
Apart from linking your Aadhaar to your bank account, PAN card and mobile phone number, you are also required to link your Aadhaar for filing IT returns, to hold mutual funds, insurance policies, PPF schemes
It is mandatory to Link aadhar card to IRCTC if we want to book 12 tickets in a month, if it is not linked it is limited 6 Tickets. May be in future even for booking of single ticket Aadhar will become mandatory.
Since our Aadhar card has been used as an authentication for many services there might be chances of getting misusing of it.
Do you know you can discover when and where your Aadhaar card was used for confirmation / Authentication? Since Aadhaar is used for validation to avail of several services, you may be stressed over its abuse.
The site of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the body that manages Aadhaar, has the arrangement of checking where and when your Aadhaar was used.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you track your Aadhar card usage history details:
1.Go to the official website of the UIDAI – uidai.gov.in
2. Go to the Aadhaar services tab and click on ‘Aadhaar Authentication History.’
3. This will redirect you to a new page. You need to enter your unique Aadhar number here.
4. Click on generate OTP after filling the security code given in the box
5. This will open a new page. You can now select the type of authentication you want to check here from a list of options.
6. Remember UIDAI can provide you with a history of usage from the last seven months till date. You have to now enter the date range for which you want to retrieve the history.
7. Enter the generated OTP and click on ‘Submit.’
You will see date, time and type of all Aadhaar authentication requests made in the period you had chosen. However, the page won’t show who made the requests.
If you find something suspicious, you can even lock your Aadhaar information online and unlock it whenever you want to use it. And while you are figuring that out, don’t forget the linking deadlines are fast approaching.
- Indian Govt Recommends Us To Uninstall these 42 Commonly Used Apps from your Smartphone Immediately.
Hope this Contents helps you Guys.. !! if this Article found useful Don’t Forget to Like..!!! Share ..!!! Comment ..!!