The dates of the roll out will be announced very soon.
1. Central Govt. Petroleum PSUs will offer discount at the rate of 0.75% of the sale price to consumers making payment through digital means.
2. 1 Lakh villages with population less than 10,000 to get 2 PoS machines free of cost, supported through financial inclusion fund.
3. Govt. will support RRBs and Cooperative Banks through NABARD to issue “Rupay Kisan Cards” to 4.32 crore Kisan Credit Card holders
4. Sub-urban railway consumers making digital payment for monthly/season tickets to get discount upto 0.5% from January 1, 2017.
5. All railway passengers buying online ticket shall be given free accidental insurance cover of up to Rs. 10 lakhs if digital payment is made.
6. Railways to provide a discount of 5% for digital payment of paid services offered through its affiliates.
7. Public Sector Insurance companies to provide incentive on digital payment of premium for new policies sold through their customer portals.
8. Central Govt. Dept & PSUs to ensure that transactions charges associated with digital payment shall not be passed on to the consumers.
9. PSBs to ensure that merchants should not be required to pay more than Rs. 100/month as monthly rental for PoS terminals/Micro ATMs/mobilePoS
10. No service tax will be charged on digital transactions up to Rs. 2000 per transaction
11. A discount of 10% will be available for using RFID card/Fast Tags making digital payments at Toll Plazas on National Highways.