This post will be useful to identify the IMEI number of the Lost Smartphone for the following operating Systems.
- Android Phone
- iPhone Phone
- Windows Phone
IMEI – The International Mobile Station Equipment Identity is a number, usually unique to identify 3GPP (i.e., GSM, UMTS and LTE) and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones.
When you lose your phone, having your IMEI can be a huge help. You can potentially use it to track down your device, or simply identify a stolen one.
Find IMEI number of lost Android phone
- *#06# on the Dialpad.
- Alternative, you can see into the Mobile Setting.
Setting > About Phone > Go To > Status > IMEI Information.
If you have however lost your phone but did not record the IMEI number beforehand, you can still retrieve the number from your Google Account.
- Go to Google Account > https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard
- Sign in with your credentials
- Search for the Android Tab
The IMEI number of the registered phone will be displayed along with other device details. If you have multiple Android devices registered under the same account, make sure you note the IMEI number of the correct (lost) device.
Find IMEI number of lost iPhone
To get the IMEI number of your lost iPhone, you need to have at least one device backup available in iTunes on your computer.
Follow the steps given below to find the IMEI number of your lost iPhone from an iTunes backup.
- Launch iTunes on the computer containing the backup of the respective Device.
- Go to iTunes Menu > Preferences and select Devices
- Hover the mouse pointer over any of the backups and wait for the details to appear. Your iPhone’s IMEI will appear in pop up above pointer.
Find IMEI number of lost Windows phone
Microsoft also stores information regarding registered Windows Phone devices and this information can be accessed by logging into your Microsoft Account. Follow the steps below to find out the IMEI number of your registered Windows Phone device in case it is lost.
- Open “accounts.microsoft.com” and login with the Microsoft account used on windows phone.
- Go to the Phones tab and select the particular device. Click on the link “Find it, get support, and more…” next to the device.
- Scroll down to the Support section. Here, under “Hardware/System Info”, you can find the current OS version and the IMEI details of the device.
Other ways to locate IMEI number
If your phone is lost or stolen, and it doesn’t run either of the three smartphone platforms mentioned above, your options to find the IMEI number are fairly limited with the below given alternate options
- Find the number from the Box which comes at the time of purchase, the IMEI number will be printed somewhere of the box in barcode and text form
- You can also find the IMEI from the bill (invoice) issued by the seller at the time of purchase
First thing to do post losing your Phone
Once the IMEI number is found, call up your network provider and request them to block the stolen device using it. Once blacklisted, the device can’t be used to make calls on any cellular network, thus rendering it useless.
- 11 WhatsApp Tips And Tricks That You Should Know
- 13 Clever Facebook Tricks & Tips That Will Blow Your Mind!!!
- Google Hacking!! With Useful Tricks and Tips
- 18 Useful Smartphones Tips, Tricks and Hacks That You Should Know!
Is there any other way to find out the IMEI number of a lost phone that we might have missed?
Let us know in the comments below.