Over 1.5 billion people regularly use Facebook.
And as the social network has grown, the rate at which Facebook shares news, and releases new features and products has accelerated.
It can be a little hard to keep up sometimes.
With this in mind, I’d love to share 13 Facebook tips, tricks, and facts with you.
This post will give you plenty of great stuff to help you get the most out of and better understand Facebook.
Don’t use these tricks in one day, instead use each of these tricks one by one, after every few days.
Remember: A good magician will never reveal all his secrets in one day.
1. Update Facebook status from mobile without the internet
This may seem weird to many of our readers that how one can update Facebook status without using it? So, friends, it is possible, and I am going to make you learn to do so. You can easily update your Facebook status and that too without using Facebook from your side. So, apply these steps to learn about it more.
- Sign Into your Facebook account and Click on Down arrow button then Click on Settings.
- Now, Click on Mobile from left menus.
- Afterwards, you will have another window opened. Now you need to add your Phone number, and then you’ll receive a confirmation code on your number, note down that code and then write that code on Facebook opened window; afterwards, click on Confirm button.
Now you can easily update your Facebook status or post to Facebook using your Mobile phone with the help of text message.
2. Disable annoying Apps & Games Requests
The App or Game requests are simply very much annoying and irritating. I simply hate those useless notifications and have disabled them from my side, and I am sure there may be many users who also want to get rid of these notifications. so follow these steps:
- Firstly, Login to your Facebook Account and Click Down arrow button that you use to Sign Out, and from there you need to Click on Settings.
- Now, from the left list of menus, Click on Notifications and then Click on Edit button in front of App requests and activity.
- Afterwards, Deselect all the apps whom notifications you don’t want to get in future and then Click on the Close button, you are done. Now you’ll not receive notifications or requests from unselected apps and games.
3. How to sync your Facebook Calendar with Google Calendar
I find this one is extremely helpful. My calendar is like my personal assistant, and I use it to plan and organize both my work and social schedules.
If you use both Facebook events and Google Calendar, combining the two is amazingly useful and pretty simple. Here’s how to do it:
Head over to Events on Facebook, and click on one of your ‘Upcoming events.’ Once you’re on the event page, click on the ‘Options’ button and select ‘Export Event’ from the dropdown, as shown below:
4. Download Facebook Images Without Loosing Quality
The images that you save directly from Facebook do not give you the original quality of the images; it minimize the quality of images while saving it directly.
Therefore, I am writing here to make you learn to download Facebook images in their Original quality. So, the steps are as follows.
- First of all, Open any image that you want to Download and then Click on Options and then Select the Download button.
- Now, it will download the image in its original quality.
5. Recover Deleted Messages, Photos and Videos – Recover Memories
This trick may be required by many of you guys out there. Since, we do lose some of the most important images, videos or messages of our and want to get them back desperately.
Furthermore, today I am going to help you to get your all time data back right in your hands. This trick can help you to revive each and everything of yours on Facebook,
Sign Into your Facebook account and Click on Down arrow button then Click on Settings.
- Now in General Account Settings options, you need to Click on Download a Copy button and ones you have clicked there then it will ask you to enter your Password.
- Afterwards, a verification message will be sent to your mail, you need to verify it by Clicking the link and then it will take few minutes to generate your data and ones it is generated then it will be sent to your mail address.
- Ones you got the link, you need to download the file using that link and it will be in ZIP format, you need to unzip it in order to access your data and there you’ll have all your data old plus new.
6. Filter Messages of Unknown Persons
This usually happens that the messages from known and unknown sources will get mixed up, and you go confused between the important and useless information.
However, Facebook let you filter messages of unknown persons or who are not in your friend list. Furthermore, you need to enable this feature for your side to avail it.
- Sign Into your Facebook account and Click on Down arrow button then Click on Settings.
- Afterwards, Click on Privacy option from the sidebar and then Click on Edit button in front of Who Can me Contact Me? And then check mark the Strict Filtering.
7. Block Some Friends from Seeing your Status
We always share status on our FB wall and sometimes we need to hide that status from some people in our friend list. So, it sometimes becomes necessary to hide our status from such friends to maintain the privacy.
Therefore, I have added this trick here. If you want to hide your status from some of your friends then apply these steps:
- First of all, go to your Facebook account and write status that you want to share with your friends.
- Afterwards, Click on Public or Friends button; depends on your Settings, on the Status window and then you’ll have some drop-down menu, from that menu, Click on More Options.
Afterwards, Click on Custom then you will have a window, Now in the second box, named “Don’t Share with this” write the name of your friends with whom you don’t want to share your status. Ones you have mentioned the name of the persons with whom you don’t want to share your status then Click on Save Changes.
8. Facebook Status Prank – Prank Your Friends
Everyone of us love to prank our friends and mates and that activity is mainly for fun. I personally love to prank my friends and I am sure many of you love this too.
Additionally, I am sharing another trick of Facebook which focuses on prank; actually, it is about Facebook status prank. It is about a link which you may use to made any confession related to that link whenever your friend will click on that link then it will redirect him/her to their own profile.
So the steps for this trick are here for you,
- First of all, Sign In to your Facebook account.
- Now, Copy the following status and paste it on your wall. You may edit the text portion according to your wish. However, make it catchy and appealing so that your friend may click it.
I Found the love of my life. Here is her profile link: http://facebook.com/profile.php?=73322363
- Ones they have clicked on this link will redirect them to their own profile link.
9. Auto Play Videos and Facebook Videos in HD
The users always prefer the HD video quality, no matter where ever they watch any video. You can set the settings for your Facebook videos too and then can play them in HD later on.
- First of all, go to Settings and Click on Video from sidebar and then Click on a button in the Video Settings window and select HD if available option. Refer the below screenshot to get more clear idea about it.
- Now a Days all the videos started buffering Even though if we don’t wish to see the videos because of our current Auto Play Settings
- Refer the below screen shot and change your settings based on your needs and save the wastage of Internet.
10. Disable Last Seen – Save your Relations!!
The last seen option are not very much appreciated by many users as they want to get rid of them in order to save their relationship and to hide their ignorance. Therefore, there many users who want to disable last seen on their Facebook account. The trick for doing so is really simple, just apply these steps:
• You simply need to install this app on your Facebook profile and the rest will be done by this. Get the app Link Here.
• Ones it is integrated successfully then it will remove that last seen option from your chat box.
11. Facebook’s audience is growing up in Western markets
Facebook was founded in 2004, and as its twelfth birthday approaches, it’s not just the social network that has matured. So have its users – in Western markets, at least.
Millennials make up a smaller share of Facebook’s users in Western markets than in developing nations. In the U.S., for instance, there are 17 percent more people over the age of 40 using the social network than their younger counterparts. Additionally, 33 percent of Facebook’s audience is under age 30. By comparison, in India and Indonesia, 75 percent of its users are millennials or younger.
12. Change Facebook Theme Using Chrome Extension
The Facebook has got an appealing design without any doubt, but there are users who want to change this theme. Furthermore, there is not such official way to do so, as you can change your Facebook theme on Google Chrome by using a Chrome extension. Now if you want to change Facebook theme then follow these simple steps:
- First of all, Install Facebook Theme change Extensions on your Google Chrome and ones it is installed go to the Options of this extension.
- Now, Click on Explore and then it will show you all available Facebook themes and then choose your favorite theme and Click on Install.
- Afterwards, simply open your Facebook account and you’ll have your newly installed theme there.
13. Bonus Tricks
Along with the above list, I have some more extra tips for you too. You may apply these tricks to get little more out of it. However, these are the short yet simple one.
The list of some additional tricks are here:
Make Free Calls
- You need to Open Chat Box of your friend >> Now Click on Video button and start making free calls to your friend.
Turn Off Chat/Message Sound
- Go to Facebook >> Click on Settings button from Friend List menu at bottom right >> Uncheck Chat Sound.
Turn Off Birthday Notifications
- Go to Facebook Settings by Clicking Down Arrow >> Notification >> Click on Edit in front of Birthday >> Select Off.
Thanks for reading! I hope you found some of these tips, tricks and facts useful.
Was there anything, in particular, you picked up from this post? Any Facebook tips and tricks you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you and join the conversation in the comments.